‘Semplicimente Vino’ Bellotti Rosso (crown cap)
2 in stock
Semplicemente Vino Rosso is a red wine by Cascina degli Ulivi is a wine that wants to be tasted young and that goes back to tradition, so dear to the natural champion of the soil – Stefano Bellotti. On the nose, there are hints of ripe fruit on a flower bed and a lightly peppery tip. On the palate, it is soft, consistent, juicy and with character. Wine made with old-style artisanal methods, Triple-A, KaBoom!
- Appellation: None
- Region: Piedmont
- Country: Italy
- Colour: Red
- Grape Varieties: Barbera 60%, Dolcetto 35%, Altri Vitigni 5%
- Soil type: Clay, Limestone
- Vessel type: Wood – Old oak
- No added sulphites.
- No temperature control.
- Total Sulphites: 10 mg/L
- This wine is fermented spontaneously.
- Other Information:Tasting notes: full bodied yet easy drinking, ripe red fruits and lively palate Stefano says… “A frank and direct wine. It doesn’t pretend to be anything that it’s not. It doesn’t get you into any trouble. Pasta’s best friend.” Food match suggestion: beef filled ravioli Ageing potential: best drunk young, in the 2 years following the harvest, but can easily be kept for a few more years
Cascina Degli Ulivi is a closed-cycle farm that has been practising biodynamic agriculture for 30 years. It has 22ha of vineyards, cereals, vegetable gardens, fruit orchards, animals and an agriturismo. The maverick winemaker, Stefano Bellotti, sadly passed in September 2018, the farm is now managed by his daughter Ilaria.
This wine is powerful on the nose, coming in at 14%, slightly funky and full of character. Let this one breathe for about 4hrs, double decant or aerate it for best results. It’s a very earthy wine that is miles away from the same old, same old soft-drink styled lifeless wines so commonly produced. If you want a wine with real history and total honesty, this is your ticket!